“Instant Fish Curry or meen kulambu recipe made using sambar powder is one of the easiest recipe you could ever make. All you need is 4 ingredient to make this curry.”
Instant fish curry or fish curry using sambar powder. You can make this curry in just few minutes and it needs just 4 ingredients. You don’t need onions, tomatoes to make this curry. So if you are out of onions, tomatoes and other stuff you can still make a decent fish curry.
This recipe needs no coconut as well.
WHAT DOES THIS Instant Fish Curry TASTE LIKE?
It taste spicy, tangy and it gets the flavour from the fish we add. It is thick and saucy. Taste amazing when paired with rice, idli or dosa.
ALSO CHECK OUT 14 FISH FRY RECIPES
How to get rid of fish smell from fish?
1)Mix salt and turmeric in fish and leave to marinate for 10 mins. Rinse it well.
2)Apply vinegar or lemon juice over fish and wash it well.
3)Apply, salt, turmeric, lemon juice over fish and marinate for 10 mins. Now wash it well.
4)Soak it in milk: Casein, a protein found in milk, will bind to the TMA and leave the fish smelling fresh as ever.
5)Mixture Of Corn Starch, Salt And Powdered Turmeric. Apply this over fish and wash it well.
6)Plain salt water can get rid of the fish smell.
Tips for perfectly cooked Instant Fish Curry
- use firm white fleshed fish
- clean fish really well so there is no fishy smell.
- marinate the fish for atleast 1 hour
- grill it in super hot barbeque or super hot oven in grill mode.
If you love this recipe, you will definitely enjoy my Tandoori Fish
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
- 3 tbsp Sambar Powder
- 500 grams Fish
- 1 lemon size Tamarind
- to taste Salt
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Soak tamarind in water for 10 mins. Squeeze and extract the pulp.
- Take the tamarind pulp, sambar powder, salt in a pot and mix well.
- Bring it to a boil. Simmer the pot and cook for 15 mins. Cook till raw smell leaves and the curry thicken slightly.
- Now add in fish pieces and continue to cook for 10 mins.
- Add in coconut oil and mix well. Serve.
- Since this curry needs only sambar powder. Try using a good amount of it. Sambar powder is what gives the thickness to the curry.
- Boil the curry till it thickens slightly and the raw smell leaves.
- Add in any fish you like, But sardines (chala meen) is best in this curry.
- Finishing the curry with coconut oil enhances the taste.
- Leave the curry to stand for 3 to 4 hours before serving for best taste.
1)Take all your ingredients
2)Soak tamarind in a bowl of water. Squeeze and extract the juice from it.
3)Take sambar powder in a kadai.
4)Add in salt
5)Add in tamarind water
7)Bring it to a boil. Boil for 10 mins.
8)Add in fish pieces
8)Cook for 10 more mins.
9)Add in coconut oil