Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Recipe with step by step pictures. Delicious pasta dish with roasted pepper sauce which makes it super yum.
I crave for pasta very often. The cool thing about pasta is whatever you add is completely absorbed by those starchy pasta and makes it flavourful. Specially I love Penne Pasta because the hollowness in this pasta scoops up more sauce and each mouthful will just explode as you take a bite. I tried a different sauce apart from the normal tomato sauce.
I char grilled red bell peppers and used that as my base, there is something in the smokiness of the pepper which gives a nice flavour to the sauce. Added some cashews to give an extra texture and it makes the sauce creamy. Added some roasted cumin powder and chilli flakes to a little kick and lift. The whole different flavours gets combined when it hits the hot pasta and makes it yum.
📖 Recipe Card
Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Recipe
- Penne Pasta - 2 cups dried
- Red Bell Pepper - 2
- Tomatoes - 3 medium size
- Garlic - 5 cloves minced
- Cashew Nuts - 10 pieces
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Flakes - 1 tsp
- Black pepper - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Honey - 1 tblspn
- Olive Oil - 3 tblspn
- Coriander Leaves - a handful chopped
- Parmesan Cheese - ¼ cup
- Spray some oil over pepper and char them in open flame till their skin gets completely charred. Remove them to a bowl and cover them with plastic wrap. After 10 mins, remove them and peel off the charred skin and chop them.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add in garlic. Saute them for a min.
- Add in tomatoes and cook for 5 mins.
- Now add in salt, pepper, cumin powder and red chilli flakes.
- Add in cashews pieces and mix well.
- Now add in the chopped red bell pepper and mix well.
- Transfer this to a food processor and drizzle in the honey.
- Blend this till they turn into a pulp but still have some texture.
- Now cook your pasta as per package instructions, don't forget to add lots of salt while cooking pasta.
- Drain the pasta and transfer them to a bowl.
- Add in the sauce and toss well.
- Sprinkle in lots of coriander leaves and cheese and mix well.
- Serve hot.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Recipe Step by Step Pictures
|Take all your stuffs|
|I used Penne Pasta, because they scoop up the sauce better|
|Start by roasting your red bell peppers|
|spray them lightly with oil|
|place them on open flame and char them|
|transfer them to a bowl and cover them with plastic wrap|
|now peel off the chared skin|
|and chop em|
|Now make the sauce...Saute some garlic in olive oil|
|add in tomatoes|
|season with salt and pepper|
|add in cumin powder|
|and some chilli flakes|
|now add in cashews|
|and fry them in the oil|
|throw in the bell peppers|
|and give a stir|
|transfer this to a food processor|
|I almost forgot this..add in some honey..|
|and puree them..I love the texture which you get
when you make a sauce in food processor
|Now lets cook the pasta...Boil plenty of water with salt|
|add in pasta|
|and cook them|
|and transfer this to a large bowl|
|pour the sauce over|
|and toss with the hot pasta|
|throw lots of cilantro|
|and plate up..|