Hai Guys..Hope everyone had a blistering weekend.Mine was OK..This dish I made a couple of weeks ago.Being from the south of India, Chutneys are one of the stable side dishes for Idlis and Dosas…I am not a big fan of coconut chutney, but I love tomato chutney..It taste quite tangy and sweet and it was Awesome.Then the combination of tomatoes with coconut is really good.Everyone have their way of making tomato chutney, but this is quite a different method.
You can serve tomato chutney with all these tiffin recipes
Similar Chutney Recipes,
So I hope that u will give this a try and let me know what you think. Dont forget to check the Pineapple salsa recipe that I have posted below this.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest ,Youtube and Twitter for more Yummy Tummy inspiration.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
- Tomato-5 chopped
- Onion-1 chopped
- Coconut-½ cup grated
- Red chilli powder-1 tblspn
- Turmeric powder-1 tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Sugar-1 tsp
- For Seasonings:
- Mustard seeds kaduku-1 tsp
- Cumin seeds jeerakam-1 tsp
- Dry red chilli kanja milagai-2 piece
- Urad Dal ulunda paruppu-1 tsp
- Channa dal Kadala paruppu-1 tsp
- Asafoetida kaya podi-1tsp
- Curry leaves-1 spring
- Oil-1 tblpsn
- In a kadai add oil and throw in Onions,Tomatoes and mix well.Cook till it is cooked.
- Add in Turmeric pdr,Red chilli pdr,Coconut and mix well.Season with some salt and Sugar and mix well.
- Let it cool down and grind it into a smooth paste.Tip this into a bowl.
- Now make the seasoning by heating oil,mustard seeds,cumin seeds,urad dal,channa dal,dry red chilli,asafoetida and curry leaves and mix well.
- Pour this into the chutney and combine well.Serve this with Idli or dosa.
I made this chutney to serve with your oats pongal. It was a huge hit. Very creamy, with a slightly "smokey" flavour from the roasted spices and tomatoes. I added less chilli (only 1 tsp or so), because we wanted to have it for breakfast.
Why you put urad dal and. Chana dal in tempering??it. Is hard. To. Chew!!!
Don't we need to roast rava and oats flour?
@Anonymousif you dont like it, just leave it out
Thank you very much for this recipe - I've been trying this many times nut never added the secret ingredient (coconut)..thanks!
nice variation of tomato chutney .. made it today and loved the taste
Hi made this chutney today along with your oats idli and they both were very yummy. Thank you.
I am a big fan of your blog.You are amazingly talented in cooking. A huge thanks for sharing such yummy food that makes many families tummy happy 🙂 can you please specify the shelf life of the chutneys. makes life easy if you can store chutneys in bulk rather than prepare it daily.. Thanks in advance