Last Updated on October 23, 2021
Hai Guys..Hope everyone had a blistering weekend.Mine was OK..This dish I made a couple of weeks ago.Being from the south of India, Chutneys are one of the stable side dishes for Idlis and Dosas…I am not a big fan of coconut chutney,but I love tomato chutney..It taste quite tangy and sweet and it was Awesome.Then the combination of tomatoes with coconut is really good.Everyone have their way of making tomato chutney, but this is quite a different method.
You can serve tomato chutney with all these tiffin recipes
Similar Chutney Recipes,
- Green Capsicum Chutney
- Red Capsicum Chutney
- Onion Chutney
- Beetroot Chutney
- Chilli Garlic Chutney
- Onion Tomato Chutney
- Many More..
So I hope that u will give this a try and let me know what you think. Dont forget to check the Pineapple salsa recipe that I have posted below this.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
- Tomato-5 chopped
- Onion-1 chopped
- Coconut-½ cup grated
- Red chilli powder-1 tblspn
- Turmeric powder-1 tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Sugar-1 tsp
- For Seasonings:
- Mustard seeds kaduku-1 tsp
- Cumin seeds jeerakam-1 tsp
- Dry red chilli kanja milagai-2 piece
- Urad Dal ulunda paruppu-1 tsp
- Channa dal Kadala paruppu-1 tsp
- Asafoetida kaya podi-1tsp
- Curry leaves-1 spring
- Oil-1 tblpsn
- In a kadai add oil and throw in Onions,Tomatoes and mix well.Cook till it is cooked.
- Add in Turmeric pdr,Red chilli pdr,Coconut and mix well.Season with some salt and Sugar and mix well.
- Let it cool down and grind it into a smooth paste.Tip this into a bowl.
- Now make the seasoning by heating oil,mustard seeds,cumin seeds,urad dal,channa dal,dry red chilli,asafoetida and curry leaves and mix well.
- Pour this into the chutney and combine well.Serve this with Idli or dosa.
|Coconut..This is the secret ingrediant
that makes this chutney unique
|Saute onions in oil|
|add in tomatoes|
|Cook till the tomatoes get mushy|
|Add turmeric and chilli powder|
|Add in coconut and mix well....|
|Take this in a blender|
|Make it in to a fine puree|
|Make seasoning by crackling mustard and cumin seeds in oil|
|Add in urad dal and chana dal...|
|add in dry red chilli and hing...|
|add in curry leaves...|
|Pour this over the chutney|