Last Updated on November 20, 2020
3 Dal Sambar or Three Dal Sambar with Step by Step Pictures. A combination of toor dal, masoor dal and moong dal makes this sambar very tasty and highly nutritious.
Sambar is a staple food for south indian. We make it almost twice or thrice a week. It can be served with tiffin recipes or rice. This particular recipe is super easy to make and can be made in less than 30 mins in a pressure cooker.
This sambar taste amazing with rice or tiffins too. This is similar to a one pot recipe but it needs two pots one for cooking sambar and one for making seasoning.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
3 Dal Sambar Recipe
- Moong dal - ¼ cup
- Toor Dal - ¼ cup
- Masoor Dal - ¼ cup
- Carrot - 2 chopped
- Potato - 1 chopped
- Onion - 1 chopped
- Tomato - 1 chopped
- Sambar Powder -2 tblsp
- Tamarind Pulp - 1 tblsp
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- Coriander leaves a handful
- Oil or Ghee - 2 tblsp
- Mustard seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
- Dry Red Chilli - 2
- Curry leaves a handful
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya podi a pinch
- Take dal in a cooker and wash well. Cover with water and add ingredients except coriander leaves and pressure cook for 2 to 3 whistle.
- Once pressure is released add coriander leaves.
- Heat oil and make seasoning with all the ingredients and pour it into the sambar.
- Mix well and serve.
1)Take moongdal, masoor dal, toor dal in a pressure cooker.
2)Add water and wash it well. Cover with water
5)Add shallots and tomatoes
6)Add sambar powder
8)Add some sugar
9)Add in salt
10)Cover and pressure cook for 3 whistle
11)Now dal is done
12)Heat oil or ghee in a pan, add mustard, urad dal, cumin, asafoetida, dry red chillies
13)Pour it into the dal mix
14)Add in coriander leaves