French Apple Cake Recipe with Step by Step Pictures.
Super yummy cake made using a buttery rum flavoured cake batter and fresh apples. Both of them merged together to create this amazing cake.
Yesterday i saw some crispy apples lying in the fridge. I have no problem finishing those, because they are fresh and tasted amazing. But my passion for baking urged me to bake something. So i decided to bake a proper apple cake, when i surfed the internet i came across this pretty simple recipe and immediately tried it out. The outcome was so yum, it tasted just divine and guess what the cake is over by now.
HOW TO MAKE FRENCH APPLE CAKE:
- Prepare apples by peeling, deseeding and slicing them thinly.
- Combine dry ingredients together.
- Cream together butter, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add in rum and fold gently.
- Add eggs and mix till combined.
- Add in flour mix and fold gently.
- Add in chopped apples and fold gently.
- Spoon it into baking pan and sprinkle sugar on top.
- Bake till done.
- Cool completely. Slice and serve.
VIDEO RECIPE FOR FRENCH APPLE CAKE:
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
- Unsalted Butter - 1/2 cup 110grams
- Sugar - 1/2 cup 100 grams
- Vanilla Essence - 2 tsp
- Large Eggs - 2
- Rum - 2 tblspn optional
- All Purpose Flour - 1 cup 120 grams
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt a pinch
- Apples - 2 peeled and chopped I used gala variety
- Sugar - 1.5 tblspn for sprinkling over cake
- My 1 cup measure 240 ml
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C. First prepare a 18 cm cake pan by oiling it well and dusting it with flour.
- Take flour, baking powder, salt in a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Take butter, sugar, vanilla in a bowl and use a beater to whip till it gets creamy. Add one egg at a time and beat till cream.
- Add in rum and flour mix. Beat till mixed.
- Add in the chopped apples and fold gently.
- Spoon this into the pan and smooth the top.
- Sprinkle with the 2 tblspn of sugar and bake for 40 mins untill a toothpick inserted comes clean and top is golden.
- Remove from oven and let it cool completely.
- Remove it from pan and slice and serve.
2)Don't over mix the batter, over mixing makes the cake tough.
3)Be sure to select baking apples for this recipe. Baking apples hold their shape when baked, so the chunks of fruit won’t turn into applesauce in the oven. Tart-sweet varietals such as Granny Smith, Honey Crisp, Pink Lady, Braeburn, and Jonagold are all good options.
4)Instead of apples you can use pears too.
3)Add in a pinch of salt.
4)Add in baking powder
5)Mix well. Now the dry ingredients is mixed.
6)Take some apples. use crisp variety apples or cooking apples like granny smith, honey crisp or gala variety.
7)Peel apples. Core and deseed apples.
8)Cut it in half.
9)Then in quarters
10)Deseed and core the apples.
11)Slice apples thinly.
12)Chop them very fine into tiny pieces.
14)Take butter in a bowl. I used unsalted soft butter.
15)Add in sugar.
16)Add vanilla extract.
17)Now cream this using a beater till fluffy.
19)Now add in egg. Add one egg at a time. cream this till it is well incorporated.
20)Once the first egg is well mixed.
21)Add another egg.
22)Beat again till creamy.
23)Add in rum. This is optional. You can skip this step as well. But addition of rum adds nice flavour.
24)Add in flour mixture.
26)Use a spatula to scrape the sides and give a good mix
27)add in apples..I know it looks like a lot of apples,but it really taste yum once it is baked
29)Spoon the batter into the cake pan.
31)Sprinkle sugar on top.
32)sprinkle over it
33)Bake them in preheated oven till it is done.
34)Let it cool completely, before removing from pan.