Instant Pot Chana Masala Recipe with Step by Step Pictures.
Instant pot has become trending recently. Cooking in instant pot has become time saving and easy too. This recipe is particularly very easy. Because you cook chana the day before instant pot. And you can make this curry in just few mins.
So during busy morning you can cook these easily.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Instant Pot Chana Masala Recipe
- Chana - 2 cups cook as per this method
- Onion - 2 large chopped
- Tomato - 2 large chopped
- Oil - 3 tblsp
- Fennel Seeds / Saunf / Sombu - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 1 stick
- Cardamom / Yelakai - 4
- Cloves / Krambu - 4
- Chilli Powder - 1 tblsp
- Coriander Powder - 2 tblsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Pav Bhaji Masala - 1 tblps optional
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cook chana as per this instructions.
- Grind onion and tomato to a puree.
- Take ¼ of the chana and grind it to a coarse paste.
- Set instant pot to saute mode. Heat oil. Add in spices.
- Add in onion and tomato puree and saute for 2 mins.
- Add Spice powders and salt and mix well.
- Add cooked chana with liquid, ground chana and more water if needed.
- Now set the instant pot to pressure cook mode. Pressure cook for10 mins. Release the pressure and enjoy.
1)Cook chana and set aside. Take some cooked chana in a blender and puree till smooth.
3)Take onions and tomato in a blender and puree till smooth.
4)Set instant pot to saute mode.
6)Add in fennel seeds, cinnamon, cardamom and cloves
7)Add in ground tomato and onion puree
8)Cook that for 2 mins or so
9)Cover and cook
10)Now it is done
11)Add spice powders
13)Add cooked chana along with liquid
14)Add ground chana
14)Add more water if needed
16)Set mode to pressure cook and cook for 10 mins
17)Now release the vent and mix well