Instant Pot Sambar Recipe with Step by Step pictures.
Sambar is a staple food for south indian. We make it almost twice or thrice a week. It can be served with tiffin recipes or rice. This particular recipe is super easy to make and can be made in less than 20 mins in a instant pot.
This sambar taste amazing with rice or tiffins too. This is similar to a one pot recipe and the whole recipe is made in one pot.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Onion - 1 chopped
- Tomato - 2 chopped
- Carrot - 1 chopped
- Radish - 1 chopped
- Ladies Finger - 5 chopped
- Potato - 2 chopped
- Sambar Powder - 2 tblsp
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 2 tblps
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Tamarind Pulp - 2 tblsp
- Oil - 1 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds - 1tsp
- Urad Dal - 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya podi a pinch
- Toor Dal - 1 cup
- Water - 4 cups
- Coriander Leaves a handful chopped
- Set instant pot to saute mode on high heat.
- Add oil, add mustard, urad dal, asafoetida and cumin seeds.
- Now add in all veggies and stir fry for 2 mins.
- Add in spice powders and mix well.
- Add salt, sugar, tamarind, dal and water.
- Now change the mode to pressure cook in instant pot. Set temp to 15 mins on high pressure.
- Leave the pressure to release on its own.
- Open the lid and add coriander leaves.
- Mix well and serve.
1)Heat instant pot to saute mode on high
2)Prepare your veggies
3)Heat oil in a pot.
4)Add mustard, urad dal, cumin seeds
7)Add in all veggies.
9)Add in spice powders
10)Saute for 2 mins. Add salt.
11)Now the spices are mixed
12)Add in toor dal
17)Set the instant pot to pressure cook mode and cook on high pressure for 15 mins.
18)Leave the pressure to release by itself.