Best Chocolate Cake Recipe with Step by Step Pictures. Two layer chocolate cake taste delicious with chocolate buttercream.
This chocolate cake taste so moist and rich. The cake itself is super dense and chocolaty. If you are looking for a best chocolate cake recipe then your search ends here. This chocolate cake is everything you want in a chocolate cake.
About Chocolate Cake Recipe
Chocolate cake is a type of cake that is flavoured with melted chocolate, cocoa powder, or both. Chocolate is used to make chocolate cake. It may also contain other ingredients. Fudge, vanilla creme, and other sweeteners are examples. Chocolate cake dates back to the 17th century, when American cocoa powder was added
to traditional cake recipes.
Coenraad van Houten of the Netherlands invented a mechanical extraction method for extracting the fat from cacao liquor in 1828, yielding cacao butter and partially defatted cacao, a compacted mass of solids that could be sold as rock cacao or ground into powder. Chocolate was transformed from an exclusive luxury to a low-cost daily snack as a result of the processes.
This chocolate cake is
- Light and soft
- Super dark and super chocolaty
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Ingredients for Chocolate Cake Recipe
All Purpose Flour / Maida :
Maida requires more oil or butter when baking or cooking because it is lighter and rises faster, which is why bakers prefer maida to atta. All-purpose flour can be used for a variety of tasks, including baking, cooking, coating meats and vegetables, and thickening sauces and gravies. To manufacture all-purpose flour, a blend of
hard wheat (which has more gluten) and soft wheat is crushed together.
Brown Sugar :
Brown sugar is a sucrose sugar with a distinct brown colour from the presence of molasses. It is either an unrefined or partially refined soft sugar made up of sugar crystals with a residual molasses content, or it is made by adding molasses to refined white sugar.
Cocoa Powder :
Cocoa powder is primarily used as a flavouring agent in baked goods such as cookies, ice cream, dairy drinks, and cakes. Aside from flavouring, it is also used in the production of coatings for confectioners or frozen desserts. Cocoa powder is also used in the beverage industry, for example, to make chocolate milk.
Chocolate Cake Recipe (2 Layer Chocolate Cake)
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 ½ cup
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Brown Sugar - ½ cup
- Oil - ⅓ cup
- Egg - 2
- Curd or Buttermilk - ⅓ cup
- Instant Coffee Powder - 2 tsp
- Hot Water - ¾ cup
- Baking Soda / Cooking Soda - 1 ½ tsp
- Baking Powder - ¾ tsp
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- Cocoa Powder - ½ cup
- Salted Butter - 100 grams
- Confectioners Sugar / Icing Sugar - 3 cups
- Cocoa Powder - ½ cup to ¾ cup
- Thick Cream - ½ cup or as needed
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
MY 1 CUP MEASURES 240 ML
- Preheat oven to 160 degree c.
- Line two 8 inch cake pan with parchment paper. Grease it well with oil.
- Take flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Take egg, sugar, brown sugar, oil, vanilla, curd and mix well.
- Add in flour mix and hot coffee and mix well.
- Pour it into the cake pan and bake for 25 mins.
- Remove and cool completely.
- Start by making buttercream.
- Take soft butter in a bowl and whip till creamy.
- Add in half of the icing sugar and mix well till creamy.
- Add in remaining icing sugar, cocoa powder and mix well till it gets crumbly like wet sand.
- Add in cream and whip till creamy and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and mix well.
- Unmould cake in a cake stand.
- Spread buttercream and spread. Place another cake over it.
- Spread with buttercream evenly.
- Decorate as per wish.
- Set the cake for 30 mins in fridge.
- Slice and serve.
- Don't over beat the cake batter. Just mix gently till combined.
- Add hot coffee. Never skip it.
- Use cream in the buttercream for rich and creamy frosting.
- You can store this cake in fridge for more than a week. Bring to room temp before serving.
- Don't over bake the cake.
- This cake can be stored for two days in room temp.
Chocolate Cake Recipe Step by Step Pictures
1)Take all ingredients
2)Line cake pan with parchment paper.
3)Start by mixing dry ingredients. Take flour in a bowl
4)Add in cocoa powder
5)Add in baking soda, baking powder and salt
7)Take coffee in a bowl
8)Add hot coffee and mix well.
9)Add in egg in a bowl
10)Add in brown sugar
11)Add in sugar
13)Add in oil
14)Add in buttermilk
15)Mix well till creamy
16)Add in flour
17)Mix well till creamy
18)Pour it into cake pan
19)Bake in a preheated oven for 160 degree c for 25 mins.
20)Bake till done. Set aside till done.
21)Now make buttercream. Take butter in a bowl. I used salted butter
22)whip till creamy.
23)Add in icing sugar
24)Whip till creamy
25)Add in cocoa powder and more icing sugar
26)Whip till mixed
27)The texture should resembles wet sand. It has to be crumbly like this
29)Add vanilla and Whip this till creamy
30)Now the frosting is done.
31)Frosting is done
32)Decorate the cake
33)Decorate it as per you wish
Frequently asked questions
Where did chocolate cake originated?
Monks in Europe developed the first recipes, which included ingredients such as almonds, raisins, and cinnamon. Confectioners added nuts and coconut to create more exotic flavours in the nineteenth century. There are hundreds of different types of chocolate cakes available today.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.