Poori Recipe – Puri Recipe – How to Make Soft Puffy Poori with Step wise pictures.
Puri Masala is one of my all time favourite dish. I make it atleast once a week, it is a popular south indian dish and taste so yummy. I have made 2 version of poori on my blog. One recipe has some sooji added in it which will make it puffy for long time. This is a everyday breakfast version, which is easy to make.
The important thing is make the dough little harder than chapati dough. This is important for making pooris puffy.
I serve poori with my everyday potato curry for poori which is called as masala or kizhangu.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Wheat Flour - 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 1 tblsp + for deep frying
- Water as needed
- Take wheat flour, salt in a bowl.
- Add in oil and rub it into the flour. Add water slowly and knead to a stiff dough.
- Rest the dough for 10 to 15 mins.
- Divide the dough into equal portions.
- Take a ball, roll it in a oiled surface till thin.
- Drop poori in oil, press on top till puffy, flip over and cook.
- Serve with poori masala.
1)Take wheat flour in a bowl.
2)Add salt to taste
4)Add some oil into the flour
5)Rub it into the flour
6)Add water slowly and make it into a stiff dough. Rest the dough for 10 to 15 mins.
7)Divide the dough into equal balls
8)Take a small ball in a oiled surface.
9)Roll it into small pooris
10)Heat oil for deep frying, drop pooris in hot oil and fry till puffy.
11)Press using a ladle on top
12)Now the poori will puff up.
13)Now flip over and cook