If you need a quick side dish for dosa or idli, If you don’t have time to make sambar or something else, If you are not in a mood to cook anything, if your gas cylinder got over (This recipe need only tempering, obviously you could make it in microwave)..Then this is the solution. A simple and flavourful chutney which is perfect for any night. With no more delay here you go for the step by step recipe with pictures.
Similar Coconut Chilli Chutney Recipes,
- Green Capsicum Chutney
- Red Capsicum Chutney
- Onion Chutney
- Beetroot Chutney
- Chilli Garlic Chutney
- Onion Tomato Chutney
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Coconut Chilli Chutney Recipe
- Coconut-1 cup
- Dry red chilli-2
- Tamarind – a small piece if using tamarind paste use 1 tsp
- Garlic-3 small cloves
- Salt to taste
- For Tempering:
- Oil-1 tblspn
- Mustard seeds / Kaduku- 1tsp
- Channa dal / Kadala Paruppu-1 tsp
- Urad dal / Ulundam Paruppu-1 tsp
- Curry leaves-1 spring
- Take a blender and add coconut,red chilli,tamarind paste,salt,garlic in it..
- Add some water and make into a fine paste..
- Tip this into a bowl..
- Now make tempering by heating oil and crackling mustard seeds,channa dal,urad dal and curry leaves..
- Pour this over the chutney and mix well.
- Serve with idli or dosa..
Version 1: Chilli Coconut Chutney Recipe
|Take all your ingredients|
Version 2: Chilli Coconut Chutney Recipe
Coconut chutney takes place in our breakfast menu quite often, since hubby loves it so much. I make quite a few variations to it..Check out my coconut coriander chutney, coconut chilli chutney, coconut garlic chutney and my keralan style coconut chutney..You can also check out my coconut malli thogayal too..
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Preparation Time : 5 mins
Serves: 3 to 4
- Coconut - 1 cup
- Dry Red Chilli - 3 to 4
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - ½ tsp
- Urad dal / Ulundu Paruppu - ½ tsp
- Vadagam - 2
How to Make
- Take all ingredients in a blender, add water and puree smooth. Pour it in a bowl.
- Heat oil in a pan, add all seasoning ingredients in it and fry till golden. Pour this over the chutney and mix well.
- Serve with idli, dosa.
|Take coconut in a blender|