Double Beans and Potato Kurma Recipe with Step by Step Pictures.
Double beans is a nutritious legume. It is larger in size and can take thick sauces and flavours. I made this delicious kurma and it tasted so yummy more or less similar to restaurant style ones.
This delicious kurma can be served with idiyappam, dosa, idli, chapati or even rice as well.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Double bean - 1 cup
- Oil - 2 tblsp
- Fennel seeds / sombu / saunf - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 1 piece
- Onion - 1 large chopped finely
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tblsp
- Curry leaves a sprig
- Tomatoes - 2 chopped finely
- Chilli Powder - 1 tblsp
- Coriander powder - 3 tblsp
- Salt to taste
- Boiled potatoes - 2 peeled and chopped
- Coconut - ½ cup
- Fennel seeds / saunf / sombu - 2 tsp
- Roasted Gram Dal - 1 tblsp
- Soak double beans overnight. Pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistle. Set aside.
- Grind all ingredients together till smooth. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add in fennel seeds and saunf.
- Add in onions and cook till golden brown. Add in ginger garlic paste and mix well.
- Add tomatoes and cook till mushy.
- Now add in spice powders, salt and mix well.
- Add in cooked beans and boiled potatoes and mix well.
- Add coconut and simmer for 5 mins or so.
- Add coriander leaves and mix well.
1)Take coconut in a blender.
2)Add in fennel seeds
3)Add in roasted gram dal
4)Grind to a smooth paste
6)Heat oil in a pan. Add fennel seeds and cinnamon
7)Add in chopped onions.
8)Stir fry for 2 min
9)Add in ginger garlic paste
10)Add in curry leaves
11)Add in chopped tomatoes
12)Saute till tomatoes get mushy
13)Add spice powders
14)Stir fry for a min
12)Add in cooked double beans
14)Add salt to taste
15)Add boiled potatoes
16)Add in the ground masala
18)Cover and cook
19)Now it is done.