Instant Pot Chicken Salna Recipe with Step by Step Pictures.
Chicken salna which is made in instant pot. It take just few minutes to put together but it taste so amazing. It can be served with paratha, roti or idiyappam and appam too.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Oil - 3 tblsp
- Onion - 1 large sliced thinly
- Tomato - 2 large chopped finely
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tblsp
- Curry leaves a handful
- Chicken - ½ kg with bones
- Chilli Powder - 1 tblsp
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder - 2 tblsp
- Coriander Powder - 3 tblsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 2 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coconut Oil - 2 tblsp
- Coconut - 1 cup
- Fennel Seeds / Sombu - 2 tsp
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 1 stick
- Cardamom - 4
- Pepper - 1 tsp
- Cashew - 10
- Curry leaves a sprig
- Roast the ingredients given till toasted and lightly golden.
- Grind to a smooth paste.
- Take a instant pot. Set this to saute mode.
- Heat oil and add in onions, curry leaves and let them saute.
- Add in ginger garlic paste and saute for a min.
- Add in tomatoes and cook till mushy.
- Add in spice powders, salt and mix well.
- Add in chicken and mix well. Add water. Mix well.
- Now add in the ground coconut and mixwell.
- Cover with lid. Change the mode to pressure cook and set pressure to 12 mins.
- Now let the pressure release by itself.
1)Heat instant pot. Set it to saute mode. Heat oil
2)Add curry leaves
3)Add in onions and tomatoes
4)Saute for 2 mins
5)Add in ginger garlic paste
6)Add in chicken
7)Add in spice powders
12)Roast all ingredients
13)Add curry leaves and roast
14)now it is well roasted
15)take it in a blender
16)Puree till smooth
17)Add it in
19)Cover and pressure cook for 12 mins
20)Let the pressure release by itself.