Spinach Pakoda or Palak Pakora with Step by step pictures.
This delicious pakoda is not only easy to make but taste so yummy. It needs just few ingredients to make. The addition of spinach in this make this deep fried snack a tad healthier. But still it is a occasional snack. You can try baking it in a air fryer too.
Pakoda is hubby's favourite one. He loves any crunchy pakoda with his cup of tea. Specially this one is delicious and fluffy. This can be served with any chutney of choice.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Spinach Pakoda Recipe
- Spinach - 2 cups chopped finely
- Onion - 1 chopped
- Chilli powder - 1 tblsp
- Salt to taste
- Fennel Seeds / Saunf / Sombu - 1 tsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tblsp
- Gram Flour - 1 cup
- Rice Flour - ½ cup
- Oil for deep frying
- Curry leaves - a handful
- Baking Soda / Cooking Soda a pinch
- Mix spinach and onions with all ingredients except all flour for 2 mins. You will see some water coming from the mix.
- Now sprinkle in the flour and mix well.
- Drop spoonful of the batter in the hot oil and fry till golden brown and crispy.
1)Take chopped spinach and onions in a bowl
2)Add salt to taste
3)Add fennel seeds
4)Add in ginger garlic paste
6)Add in chilli powder
7)Add in curry leaves
8)Add baking soda
10)Add in gram flour
11)add in rice flour
12)Make a soft dough
13)heat oil in a pan
14)Drop in hot oil and fry till golden
Leave a Reply