Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Whole Wheat Bread Recipe - 100% Wheat Bread using Eggs with step wise pictures.
Healthy whole wheat bread which turned out super soft. This bread is perfect for making sandwiches. The bread gets a perfect texture with the addition of eggs.
You all know my love for baking bread at home from my array of bread post in my blog. So far i have tried 100% Whole Wheat Bread, White Bread, Multi Grain Bread. And i went a little fancy and made a Homemade Panettone & Focaccia Bread. So far everything turned out so beautiful and they all been my favorite ones.
I have tried so many bread recipes so far. This is a wheat bread which i made few weeks back, i used eggs in them. The texture of the bread was so perfect. It was soft inside and has a perfect crust.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Wheat Bread with Eggs
- Wheat flour / Atta - 3 cups
- Warm Water - 1 cup + more as needed
- Honey - 2 tblsp
- Salt to taste
- Dry Yeast - 3 tsp
- Egg - 1
- Any Vegetable Oil - 3 tblsp
- Take warm water in a bowl, add honey and yeast. Mix well and let it sit for 5 mins.
- Now take flour, salt in a bowl and mix well. Add oil and mix well.
- Add in yeast mix and knead to a dough.
- Now take it in a dusted flour and knead for 10 mins till smooth.
- Cover and leave to rise for 1 to 2 hours.
- Punch out the air and shape it into a log like and roll it to form a loaf.
- Place it in a loaf pan and let it rise for 45 mins to 1 hour.
- During the last 10 mins of rising, preheat oven to 190 degree C.
- Now pop it in oven and bake for 30 to 35 mins.
- Remove and cool completely.
- Slice and serve.
1)Take water in a sauce pan and heat till it gets warm
2) Add honey
3)Add in dry yeast
4)Let it sit and bloom
5)Add in one egg
6)Whisk till mixed
7)Take flour in a bowl.
8)Add in salt.
10)Add in oil
12)Add the yeast water
13)Knead to a dough
14)Dust work space with flour
15)Take the dough out
16)Knead well for 5 to 7 mins
17)Keep kneading till the dough is smooth.
18)Place the dough in a greased bowl. Brush top with some oil
19)Cover and leave to rise for 1 to 2 hours
20)Now the dough is doubled in size
21)Punch out the air
22)Shape it like this
24)Pinch the edges
25)Place it in a greased mould.
26)Cover and leave to rise for 45 mins to 1 hour
27)Now time to bake
28)Bake till done
30)Slice and serve