Dahi Chicken Recipe – Curd Chicken Curry Recipe with step wise pictures.
Spicy, tangy and very flavourful dahi chicken which taste great with roti, rice or pulao. Super delicious and lipsmacking curry.
Dahi chicken is a simple chicken curry, which has yogurt added in. The tangy taste will make this super delicious. It doesn’t have tomatoes added in them, all the tang comes from dahi. The whole curry gets its unique aroma from kasuri methi leaves.
Andhra Chicken Curry
Easy Chicken Curry
Traditional Chicken Curry
No Coconut Chicken Curry
Roasted Chicken Curry
Chettinad Chicken Curry
Aloo Chicken Curry
Andhra Butter Chicken Curry
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Oil or Ghee - 5 tblsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 1 large piece
- Onion - 2 large sliced thinly
- Green Chillies - 3 slit
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tblsp
- Yogurt / Thick Curd / Dahi - 1 cup
- Chicken - 500 grams
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp + 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 2 tsp
- Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 2 tsp
- Kasuri Methi Leaves - 1 tblsp
- Coriander leaves a handful chopped finely
- Heat 2 tblsp oil in a pan, add chicken, along with salt and turmeric powder. Saute this on high heat till chicken is seared on all sides. Remove to a bowl. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add 3 more tblsp of oil, add cumin and cinnamon.
- Add onions, and saute till golden brown.
- Add green chillies and ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell leaves.
- Now add in all masala powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add chicken back in and toss well with the masala.
- Add in dahi and mix well.
- Cover and simmer for 20 mins till chicken is done.
- Add kasuri methi leaves, coriander leaves and mix well.
1)Heat oil in a pan
2)Add chicken in
3)Add salt and turmeric powder
4)Sear and cook on all sides till golden brown
5)Cook till golden brown.
6)Take plain yogurt / dahi in a bowl
7)Whisk well so lumps are there. And yogurt is nice and smooth.
8)Heat some more oil in a pan.
9)Add in cumin seeds and cinnamon
10)Add in onions
11)Saute them till golden brown.
12)Now it is nice and golden brown.
13)Add green chillies and ginger garlic paste
14)Saute for a min.
15)Add in chilli powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder.
17)Add chicken back in
19)Add in yogurt
21)Now bring it to a boil.
22)Cover and simmer for 2o to 30 mins till chicken is done
23)Now it is cooked.
24)Add coriander leaves
25)Add kasuri methi leaves
I am Aarthi, a happy homemaker, mom of two beautiful girls, married to my high school sweet heart. My goal is to teach people that cooking can be way more easier and joyful than they think. Yummy Tummy features recipes all over the world with step wise pictures which surely shows the ease of cooking.