Cheese Straws Recipe - Cheddar Cheese Sticks Recipe with step wise pictures.
Delicious and buttery cheese straws which will be your kids favorite. It is very easy to make and taste so flaky and buttery. Perfect with a cup of chai.
This is from mary berry cookbook. I am hooked to the recipe book "mary berry 100 sweet treats and puds". All the recipes are awesome and i am trying each and everyone here. This recipe is one from that and it is so easy to make. It taste delicious too. Specially kids will love it.
I have already made quite a few of mary berry recipes,
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
📖 Recipe Card
Cheese Straws Recipe
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 cup 120 grams
- Salt to taste
- Butter - 90 grams
- Egg Yolk - from one egg
- Cheddar Cheese - ½ cup 60 grams grated
- Preheat oven to 190 degree C. Line a baking tray with parchment and set aside.
- Take flour, salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Add in butter and rub it into the flour.
- Add in cheddar cheese and mix well.
- Add a egg yolk and mix well. Shape it into a dough.
- If the dough is too crumbly add some cold water.
- Now wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill for 30 mins in fridge.
- Now roll the dough into a rectangle sheet.
- Cut into sticks.
- Roll each one gently into a smooth log like.
- Place on a parchment lined tray.
- Brush the top with some water .
- Sprinkle more cheese.
- Bake for 15 mins.
- Remove and cool completely before serving.
- Store in a air tight container.
1)Take all purpose flour in a bowl
2)Add in salt
4)Add butter or vegetable shortening. I used half of each.
5)Rub it into the flour
6)Add grated cheddar cheese
7)Add in egg yolk
8)Shape it into a dough. If the dough is too crumbly. Add a tblsp of cold water and mix well.
9)Wrap it in plastic and chill for 30 mins in fridge
11)Roll it into a thick sheet
12)Cut into strips
13)Take a piece
14)Roll it into a smooth stick
15)Place it in a parchment lined baking sheet
16)Brush top with some water
17)instead of water you can use a egg wash too
18)Sprinkle top with some cheese
20)Bake till golden