Delicious and easy onion chutney made using very basic ingredients and can be made in less than 10 mins. So delicious with idli and dosa.
Many More Chutney & Thogayal Recipes
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Onion Chutney (South Indian Recipe)
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Dry Red Chilli - 4
- Onion - 1 large chopped
- Salt to taste
- Tamarind a small piece
- Oil - 1 tblsp
- Mustard seeds - ½ tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Heat oil in a pan, add dry red chilli and cook till golden and charred.
- Add onions, salt and mix well.Cook for 2 mins.
- Add tamarind and mix well.
- Take it in a blender and make it into a fine puree.
- Take it in a bowl.
- Heat oil and add mustard and curry leaves. Pour this into the chutney and mix well.
Check this version of Vengaya Chutney too
South Indian Onion Chutney for Idli & Dosa - Pictures
1)Heat oil in a pan, add in dry red chillies
2)Toast till golden brown.
3)Add in onions
6)Add in tamarind
8)Take it in a blender
9)Puree till smooth.
10)Take it in a bowl.
11)Heat oil in a pan, add mustard and curry leaves
12)Pour it in the chutney