Everyday Onion Chutney Recipe – Vengaya Chutney Recipe with step wise pictures.
Delicious and easy onion chutney made using very basic ingredients and can be made in less than 10 mins. So delicious with idli and dosa.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Dry Red Chilli - 4
- Onion - 1 large chopped
- Salt to taste
- Tamarind a small piece
- Oil - 1 tblsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Heat oil in a pan, add dry red chilli and cook till golden and charred.
- Add onions, salt and mix well.Cook for 2 mins.
- Add tamarind and mix well.
- Take it in a blender and make it into a fine puree.
- Take it in a bowl.
- Heat oil and add mustard and curry leaves. Pour this into the chutney and mix well.
Check this version of onion chutney too
1)Heat oil in a pan, add in dry red chillies
2)Toast till golden brown.
3)Add in onions
6)Add in tamarind
8)Take it in a blender
9)Puree till smooth.
10)Take it in a bowl.
11)Heat oil in a pan, add mustard and curry leaves
12)Pour it in the chutney