Last Updated on November 20, 2020
A simple and delicious desert made using sago, mangoes. This is a great summer recipe, it taste amazing. I used china grass to set this pudding, you can use gelatin too. Since i used agar agar, this is a natural body coolant.
Mangoes are in season, so you can make this recipe in a jiffy. Make use of the mangoes available now and enjoy this yummy desert. This is great for kids parties as well, it will become a favourite desert of your kids. I strongly recommend you to try this out. You can even add some tutti fruity for texture.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you..
Mango Sago Pudding Recipe
- Mango Pulp - 2 cups
- Sugar - ¼ cup or to taste
- China Grass or Agar Agar - 10 grams
- Water - 1 cup
- Sago / Sabudana / Javvarisi - ¼ cup
- Lemon Juice - 1 tblspn
- Take sago in a pan, add in water and bring it to a boil, simmer till it is cooked. Drain it and rinse in cold water. Set aside.
- Take agar agar and add in 1 cup of water, soak for 15 mins. Now heat it and mix till it is melted.
- Take sugar, mango pulp in a sauce pan and heat it.
- Add in agar agar and mix well.
- Add in sago and mix well. Add lemon juice and mix well
- Pour this into mould and set for 4 to 6 hours.
2)Use ripe mangoes for best taste. Alphonso mango pulp works great. You can use canned mango pulp as well.
3)Adjust sugar as per your taste.
4)Gelatin can be used as well. Use 1.5 tblspn of gelatin instead of china grass. Soak the gelatin in ½ cup of cold water for 10 mins, then heat gently till it is melted and use in the recipe.
5)Serve this cold.