Chilli Egg Gravy Recipe with Step by Step Pictures.
Chilli egg is a indo chinese recipe. I made this gravy style to go along with fried rice or noodles. I have already shared a dry version. You can check the recipe here. Chilli egg is super easy to make, all you need is some spicy chillies and some sauces. You can add some chopped capsicum in this too.
Chinese style recipes are my absolute favorite, i love to make them quite often because of their taste. Everyone in the family loves it. Maha loves it so much too. Many viewers ask me how to get restaurant style taste in chinese dishes. The reason behind the taste is MSG or Ajinomoto. I dont use them now, because of the controversy of MSG. But i think taking them in moderation is not at all a problem. If you want authentic taste you can add a touch of it in your chinese dishes for that taste. Still i dont recommend it when you are feeding your kids.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Eggs - 5 boiled
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 2 tblsp
- Cornflour - 4 tblsp
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste crushed
- Oil for shallow frying
- Spring Onion chopped as needed
- Oil - 2 tblsp
- Ginger - 1 tblsp chopped finely
- Garlic - 1 tblsp chopped finely
- Onion - 1 chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 3 chopped finely
- Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Red Chilli Sauce - 4 tblsp
- Soy Sauce - 2 tsp
- Vinegar - 2 tsp
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Cornflour - 1 tsp mixed with little water.
- Salt to taste
- Water - as needed
- Heat oil in a pan. Mix flour, salt, pepper with little to make a batter. Heat oil in a pan. Dip egg in the batter and fry till golden. Drain and set aside.
- Heat little oil in a pan. Add in ginger, garlic, onions, chillies and saute for a min.
- Add in sauces, chilli powder, sugar and mix well.
- Add little water and mix well.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Add in cornflour mixed with water to thicken the sauce.
- Add fried egg and mix well.
- Add spring onion and mix well.
1)Take some hard boiled eggs
2)Cut it in half
3)Mix flour, cornflour, salt and pepper in a bowl. Make a smooth batter
4)Heat oil. Dip egg in the batter and drop in hot oil
6)Heat little oil in a pan
7)Add in garlic, ginger, onions and green chillies
8)Saute for 2 mins.
9)Add in red chilli sauce
10)Add in soy sauce
11)Add in vinegar
12)Add in red chilli powder or red chilli flakes
15)Add in sugar
16)Add in cornflour mixed with some water
17)Bring it to a boil
18)Add in fried eggs
19)Add spring onions and Mix well