Hazelnut Cake with Step by Step Pictures. Hazelnut cake has a tender and moist crumb which is so soft and fluffy.
I had some hazelnuts on hand. So thought of using that for few dessert recipes. I made this delicious hazelnut cake and a hazelnut bar which i will be sharing very soon.
The cake has a mixture of flour and powdered hazelnuts which adds to the moistness. The cake has a nutella topping which makes it more delicious. This cake you can enjoy without the icing. The cake is perfect with a cup of coffee or tea.
If you dont have hazelnuts, just use powdered cashews or almonds instead.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Hazelnut Cake Recipe
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - ¾ cup
- Hazelnut Meal - ¼ cup
- Egg - 1
- Brown Sugar - ½ cup
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- Melted Butter - ¼ cup
- Milk - ¼ cup
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Nutella - ½ cup
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Line a pan with parchment paper.
- Take egg, brown sugar, vanilla and mix well.
- Add in hazelnut flour, melted butter, baking powder and mix well.
- Add in flour and milk and fold gently.
- Spoon this into parchment paper.
- Bake for 25 to 30 mins.
- Remove and cool completely.
- Spread nutella on top. Slice and serve.
1)Take hazelnut in a blender
2)Powder it fine
3)Take eggs in a bowl
4)Add in brown sugar
5)Add in vanilla
6)Mix well till creamy
7)Add in melted butter
9)Add in hazelnut powder
10)Add in baking powder
12)Add in flour
13)Add in milk
15)Line a pan with parchment paper
16)Spoon batter in
17)Bake till done
18)Top with melted chocolate
19)Let it set. Cut into squares