This cake is very close to my heart. You know why, because i made this for my little ones 3rd birthday. Kids birthdays are so special to everyone. So i make it a point to make their birthday cake all by myself. It gives me immense joy and satisfaction.
I made this simple mini princess cake using a eggless vanilla cake and it turned out perfect. The cake itself is a two tiered cake. One is the base square cake and on the top is the mini princess cake.
You can check my birthday cakes archives for all recipes.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 2 1/2 cup 300 grams
- Water - 1 cup 240 ml
- Sweetened Condensed Milk - 1 can 400 ml
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tblsp
- Vinegar - 2 tblsp
- Sugar - 1/4 cup 50 grams
- Melted Butter - 100 grams 1/2 cup
- Baking Soda - 1 tsp
- Baking Powder - 2 tsp
- Salt a pinch
- Vanilla Buttercream
- White Fondant
- Pink Fondant
FOR SUGAR SYRUP:
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Line a 6 inch square cake pan with parchment paper. Line a 6 inch bowl with parchment paper as well.
- Make simple syrup, mix sugar and water together and boil once. set aside to cool.
- Mix condensed milk, butter, vanilla, vinegar and water in a bowl.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt in a bowl.
- Add wet ingredients into the dry and fold gently.
- Now spoon this into the two pans and bake for 30 to 35 mins.
- Remove and cool completely.
- Now make buttercream as mentioned in the recipe.
- Now take a square cake. you can slice in half. Apply simple syrup on top.
- if you need and apply buttercream. Sandwich with other cake. Cover the whole cake with buttercream and pop it into the fridge.
- Now take the round cake. Slice it as shown in the image. Brush simple syrup all over top. Apply buttercream and chill the cake in fridge.
- Now take your fondant and roll it and apply over the cake.
- Refer images how to decorate the cake.
- Decorate it as per your wish.
I have created a video of this cake making.
1)Take all your ingredients
2)Take flour in a bowl
3)Add in baking soda
4)Add baking powder
5)Add salt and mix well
6)Take water in a jug
7)Add in condensed milk
8)Add melted butter
10)Add vanilla and mix well
11)Pour this into the flour mix and fold gently
12)Divide between the pans
13)Bake till done
14)Unmould, slice the tops off
15)Make simple syrup by boiling sugar and water. Cool it and brush that all over the cake
16)Slice the square cake in half. Brush top with simple syrup.
18)Place another cake layer. Apply buttercream all over the cake. Chill in fridge.
19)Take the round cake. Remove the middle portion a little so we can insert the doll
21)Brush simple syrup all over the cake.
23)Now place it in fridge.
24)You need white fondant and pink fondant
26)Place it over the cake.
27)Smooth the fondant.
28)Now roll the whiteone
29)Place over the cake.
31)Place the mini princess inside
32)Decorate it as per your wish.
33)I am so happy with the outcome.