No Bake Mango Custard Cheesecake Recipe with step by step pictures. Delicious mango custard cheesecake which is so creamy and delicious.
Mango cheesecake, i can never skip making one of those whenever mangoes are in season. Mangoes are in season now and when i was planning to make them, i thought to give a different take on those. I had some custard leftover from my trifle recipe, so i thought of using those.
About this Recipe
Mango custard is one of the most popular desserts in Indian cuisine and is extremely simple to make. Mangoes, milk, fresh cream, custard powder, and sugar are all you need to make this mango custard dessert.
Custard is a group of culinary preparations made from sweetened milk, cheese, or cream that has been thickened with egg or egg yolk and sometimes flour, corn starch, or gelatin. Custard can range in consistency from a thin pouring sauce to the thick pastry cream used to fill Eclairs, depending on the recipe.
A cheesecake is a sweet dessert with one or more layers. The main and thickest layer is made of a soft, fresh cheese, eggs, and sugar.
I made this yesterday and it was super hit, loved it to the core..It was fresh, creamy, very mango..YUMMY IN ONE WORD.
Ingredients for No Bake Mango Custard Cheesecake Recipe :
Mangoes are one of the world's most popular fruits, owing to their creamy but fruity flavour. It has a slightly pine/evergreen flavour, as well as floral, terpeney, and sweet notes.
Gelatine is used in some no-bake cheesecakes to give them a mousse-like texture. Cream cheese or cream cheese and whipped cream are used in other no-bake cheesecakes. This second type should firm up in the fridge without the addition of gelatine.
Custard Powder :
Corn starch is the main ingredient in custard powder. This is a thickening agent for liquids that can also be used as a filling in baked goods. Custard tarts, custard donuts, and fruit tarts are all popular uses for this.
This recipe is pretty simple to make, you just need few ingredients. But the result is so worth it. You will be finding excuses to make this again and again.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
No Bake Mango Custard Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 large Mangoes peeled and chopped finely for decorating
- 1 ½ tbsp Gelatin if you use agar agar, use 3 tblspn
- ¼ cup Cold Water
- 1 cup Cream I used 25% fat fresh cream
- For Mango Custard:
- 1 ½ tbsp Custard Powder i used storebought vanilla flavour
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- For Biscuit Base:
- 10 Digestive Biscuits you can use marie biscuits
- 4 tbsp Butter melted
- For Mango Puree:
- 2 medium Mangoes peeled and chopped
- ½ cup Sugar
- Start by making the custard, because it has to cool down.Take Custard powder in a bowl and add some of the milk. Mix well so no lumps are formed. Set aside. Take the remaining milk and sugar in a sauce pan and bring it to boil, add in the custard mix and keep cooking till it gets thick. Take it off the heat and add in vanilla. Mix well. Pour this into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap, make sure the wrap touches the top layer of the custard so a hard skin don’t form on the custard. Chill this in fridge till cold.
- Now take a round baking pan and line it with plastic wrap. Set aside.
- Now lets make the biscuit base. First take butter in a sauce pan and melt it down. Take biscuit in a blender and powder it finely. Transfer it to a bowl and add in butter. Mix well. Spoon this into the plastic lined pan and spread it evenly using a spoon. Put this in fridge to chill till you make the custard.
- Now make the Cheesecake filling. First take gelatin and add in cold water. Mix well. Set aside so it softens. Now take this in a a sauce pan and melt it gently till the gelatin is completely melted. Set aside. Take cream in a bowl and whip it till thick. Set aside.Take mangoes in a blender, add in 3 tblspn sugar and puree them. Set aside.
- Take the cooled custard in a bowl, add in mango puree, gelatin and cream. Fold gently. Spoon this over the biscuit layer and chill this for 2 to 3 hours in fridge.
- Now take it out from fridge and remove it carefully from the tin with the help of plastic wrap and peel away the plastic. Now place this in a plate and top with fresh mango pieces.
- Slice and serve.
|First start by making the custard..|
|cover with some plastic wrap and make sure the wrap touches the
top layer of the custard so it doesn't forms a thick skin
|I whipped some cream till it is thick|
|Now take your other ingredients|
|Line a baking pan with plastic wrap and set aside|
|Take gelatin in a bowl, you can use agar agar|
|cover it with some water and let it soak for 5 mins|
|this is how it looks after 5 mins|
|take that in a sauce pan|
|heat gently till it is melted|
|now set aside to cool|
|now take butter in a sauce pan|
|melt it down|
|take biscuit in a blender|
|powder them finely|
|take them in a bowl|
|add in melted butter|
|spoon this into the baking pan|
|Spread it evenly|
|chill it in fridge|
|Now take some beautiful ripe mangoes|
|Peel away the skin|
|take them in a blender|
|add in sugar|
|puree till smooth|
|now take the custard in a large bowl|
|add in mango puree|
|add in gelatin mix|
|add in cream|
|now take your biscuit base from fridge|
|spoon the custard filling in|
|chill till firm|
|peel off the plastic|
|and place it in a plate|
|chop some mangoes into small pieces|
|top the cake with mangoes|