Carrot Walnut Squares Recipe with step wise pictures.
Delicious carrot walnut squares which taste amazing and this one is so delicious you will absolutely love it to the core.
This recipe is adapted from rachael allen cookbook and it is just perfect. The cake turned out so moist and fluffy. The walnut in this cake makes it super tasty.
French Yogurt Cake
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 90 grams 3/4 cup
- Salt a pinch
- Baking Powder - 1 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Ground Ginger - 1/2 tsp
- Oil - 1/3 cup 80 ml
- Brown Sugar - 1/2 cup 100 grams
- Eggs - 1 large
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- Carrot - 1/2 cup grated
- Walnuts - 1/4 cup chopped finely
(MY 1 CUP MEASURES 240 ML)
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Line a square baking pan with parchment and set aside,
- Mix brown sugar, egg, oil and vanilla in a bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and ginger. Add in carrots and walnuts and mix well.
- Add in the sugar mix and fold gently.
- Spoon this into baking pan and bake for 25 to 30 mins.
- Remove and cool completely. Slice and serve.
1)Take brown sugar in a measuring jug
2)Add in egg
3)Add in oil
4)Add in vanilla
6)Sift flour into a bowl
7)Add in baking powder
8)Add in cinnamon
9)Add in salt
10)Add in ginger powder
11)Sieve it well
12)Add in grated carrots
13)Add in walnuts
15)Add in the brown sugar mix
17)Spoon it into baking pan
18)Bake till done
19)Cool it completely. Then slice and serve.