Chilli Chicken Roast Recipe with step by step pictures. This is an easy to make spicy dry dish with less ingredients where the chicken pieces are marinated in a delicious spice mix.
This recipe is one of my hubby's favorite recipe. It is so tasty and is prepared by my trusted way for making roast. You can check out my other chicken recipes which is prepared using this method, check out my tomato garlic chicken roast, onion chicken roast, butter chicken roast..
Ingredients for Chilli Chicken Roast
- Chicken - ½ kg with bones on
- Onion - 1 large sliced thinly
- Green Chilli - 1 slit
- Curry leaves - 2 sprig
- Salt to taste
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice - 1 tbsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Soya sauce - 2 tsp
- Shallots - 12
- Green Chilli - 5
- Garlic - 10 cloves
- Ginger - 2 inch piece
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Chilli Chicken Roast Recipe
- ½ kg with bones on Chicken
- 1 large sliced thinly Onion
- 1 slit Green Chilli
- 2 sprig Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 tsp Soya sauce
- For Grinding:
- 12 Shallots
- 5 Green Chilli
- 10 cloves Garlic
- 2 inch piece Ginger
- Take grinding ingredients in a blender and make into a puree. Set aside till use.
- Now take chicken in a bowl and add in salt, chilli powder and lemon juice.
- Mix well and let it marinate for 30 mins or so.
- Now heat oil in a non stick kadai. Add in onions, curry leaves and slit green chilli. Saute till golden.
- Add in pureed masala and mix well. Cook till oil separates.
- Now add in the marinated chicken and mix well. Toss well in the masala.
- Cover the pan with a lid and simmer the flame. Let it cook on a low heat for 30 to 35 mins.
- Now open the lid, most of the water from the chicken would have leached out and the chicken must be cooked.
- Now increase the heat and evaporate all water and keep stiring.
- Add in soya sauce and keep cooking the chicken on high heat.
- At this point the chicken would have roasted and cooked perfectly.
- Switch off the flame and serve.
Chilli Chicken Roast Recipe Step by Step
|Take all your ingredients|