Paneer Khus Khus Curry Recipe – Poppy Seeds Paneer Curry Recipe with step wise pictures.
A different paneer dish which has no tomatoes and it taste so delicious with hot rotis. This curry has no coconut in this. A simple and delicious sidedish.
Poppy seeds in this curry adds a thickness to the gravy. Instead of cashews or badam this poppy seeds is a healthy alternative. The curry itself is super easy to make.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Paneer - 200 grams cubed
- Oil - 1 tblsp
- Fennel Seeds / Sombu / Saunf - 1 tblsp
- Onion - 2 large sliced thinly
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tblsp
- Poppy Seeds / Khus Khus / Kasa Kasa - 2 tblsp
- Chilli Powder - 1 tblsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Coriander Leaves a handful chopped finely
- Lemon Juice to taste
- Heat oil in a pan, add fennel and let it sizzle.
- Add in onions and saute till golden.
- Add in ginger garlic paste and mix well.
- Add in kasa kasa and mix well.
- Add all spice powders and mix well.
- Take it in a blender and puree till smooth.
- Take it back in pan, add salt and sugar and mix well.
- Add paneer and water and cook for 10 mins.
- Add in coriander leaves and lemon juice and mix well.
1)Heat oil in a pan, add fennel
3)Saute them well
4)Cook till translucent
5)Add ginger garlic paste
6)Cook till golden
7)Add poppy seeds
9)Add in turmeric, cumin, garam masala and chilli powder
11)Take in a blender
12)Make it into a fine puree
13)Take it back in the pan
14)Add salt and little sugar
15)Add cubed paneer
16)Cover and simmer
17)Simmer for few mins.
18)Now the curry is done.
19)Add coriander leaves
20)Add in lemon juice