Last Updated on November 20, 2020
How to Make Shawarma Plate - Shawarma Recipe with Step wise pictures
I have tasted shawarma quite a few times here in restaurants. All the time it tasted like they have mixed chicken and veggies in mayo and rolled up in a pita bread. But i have tasted shawarma in a bakery here, they grill chicken right in the skewer in front of us, shred it up and stuff it in pita and serve, it was delicious. Many of my viewers asked me to share shawarma recipe, i shared a healthy version..
So i taught of sharing the version which i have tasted in restaurants. This is the version, it is tasty and so easy to make.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
How to Make Shawarma Plate
- Pita Bread - as needed
- Boneless Chicken Thighs - 6
- Pepper to taste
- Chilli Powder - 1 tblsp
- Cumin Powder - 1 tblsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 tblsp
- Garlic Sauce - ½ cup + ½ cup
- Lemon Juice or Vinegar - 2 tblsp + 1 tblsp
- Lettuce - 2 cups shredded
- Carrot - 1 grated
- Onion - 1 sliced thinly
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Take chicken in a bowl, add salt, pepper, chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, salt, lemon juice or vinegar, garlic sauce in a bowl and mix well. Leave to marinate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 250 degree C to grill mode. Grease a baking tray with oil.
- Arrange chicken in the tray and grill the chicken for 30 to 40 mins.
- Remove the chicken halfway, spoon the juice over the chicken and continue baking.
- Remove it and cut it into small pieces.
- Take lettuce, onion, carrot in a bowl. Add salt, sugar, vinegar and mix well.
- Take a plate, place chicken, pitabread, salad and garlic sauce.
1)Take boneless chicken thighs in a bowl
2)Add in salt
3)Add in cumin powder
4)Add in chilli powder
5)Add in coriander powder
6)Add in pepper powder
7)Add in olive oil
8)Add in garlic sauce, recipe here
10)Arrange it in a baking tray. Pop it in a preheated oven. Oven is set to grill mode for 250 degree C.
11)Bake it for 40 to 45 mins, remove it half way through.
12) Spoon the juices over the chicken and pop it back in oven.
13)Bake till done.
14)You can either serve the chicken whole or cut it into small pieces and serve.
16)Now make salad, Take cabbage or lettuce, carrot and onion and slice thinly
17)Take it in a bowl
18)Add in salt
19)Add in vinegar or lemon juice
20)Add in sugar
22)Serve this with pitabread, garlic sauce, salad and chicken pieces