- This is one of the simplest and tastiest curry on record...This recipe is modified from contemplation and rumination by Karen..I tried this and it took me 15 min to finish this curry,but the taste was so good.I added lemon juice and little garam masala to this to make even more tastier.
- Simple North Indian Peas Curry
- Ingredients 1x2x3x
- 1)Soak dried peas overnight and pressure cook till done.
- 2)Heat oil in a pan.
- 3)Add in cumin seeds
- 4)Add crushed garlic
- 5)Saute for a min
- 6)Add turmeric powder
- 7)Add chilli powder
- 8)Add in garam masala powder and cumin powder
- 9)Mix well
- 10)Add cooked peas
- 11)Add water
- 12)Add salt to taste
- 13)Add a touch of sugar
- 14)Bring it to a boil
- 15)Turn off the heat and add lemon juice.
- 16)Add coriander leaves if you have
Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Green Peas Curry Recipe - Pattani Curry Recipe with step wise pictures.
Super easy and simple no onion and no tomato green peas curry. This is highly nutritious and so tasty as well.
This is one of the simplest and tastiest curry on record...This recipe is modified from contemplation and rumination by Karen..I tried this and it took me 15 min to finish this curry,but the taste was so good.I added lemon juice and little garam masala to this to make even more tastier.
You can also check out this mixed legumes curry which is high in protein.
This is one of the dish that you can have it as a soup..I made this in microwave,to make it even more speedy...Please try this dish and let me know what you think.
Simple North Indian Peas Curry
- Dried Peas - 1 cup
- Oil - 2 tblsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder-1 tsp
- Garlic - 10 cloves crushed
- Lemon Juice - to taste
- Salt to taste
- Sugar - ½ tsp optiona
- Soak dried green peas in water overnight. Pressure cook for 3 whistle, simmer for 10 mins. Turn off the heat and let the steam go all by itself. Open the cooker and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin and let it sizzle.
- Add garlic and fry for 30 seconds.
- Add all spice powders and let it bloom in the oil.
- Add in cooked peas and water. Mix well.
- Bring it to a boil.
- Add salt, sugar and lemon juice.
- Mix well and serve.