Spicy Moong Dal Modak Recipe - Pasi Paruppu Kara Kozhukattai with step wise pictures.
Healthy and nutritious moong dal modak which taste amazing and is very easy to make as well. You will love to make this for ganesh chaturthi.
A really simple kozhukattai recipe to make for vinayagar chaturti or for kids after school snacks..It is tasty as well as healthy too..I had this on drafts so decided to share this right after my uppu kozhukattai.
This moong dal modak is so delicious and nutritious. you can serve this for breakfast too. It is easy to make and is quite different too.
Spicy Moong Dal Modak Recipe
- Rice Flour - 1 cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Salt a pinch
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Moong Dal - ½ cup
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds - ½ tsp
- Urad dal - ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds - ½ tsp
- Dry Red Chillies - 1 cut into small pieces
- Asafoetida / Kaya podi a pinch
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Coconut - ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Dry roast moong dal for 2 to 3 mins. Take it in a pressure cooker. Pressure cook for 2 whistle.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add seasoning ingredients and saute for a min. Add moong dal, coconut and salt. Mix well.
- Heat water so it comes to a boil. Add ghee and salt.
- Take it off the heat and add in rice flour and mix well.
- Cool it down and knead to a soft dough.
- Take small portion from it and flatten it. Stuff it and shape into your favorite shapes.
- Steam for 8 to 10 mins.
1)Dry roast moong dal in a pan
2)Take it in a pressure cooker and cook for 2 whistle
3)Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard and urad dal
4)Add in cumin seeds
5)Add in asafeotida, curry leaves and dry red chillies
6)Add cooked dal
8)Add salt and mix well
11)Heat water in a sauce pan
12)add in a touch of salt
13)Add some oil
14)Bring it to a boil
15)Take it of heat and add in rice flour
17)remove this to a bowl and allow it to cool down
18)add a tsp of oil
19)make it into a soft dough
20)Take small portion and flatten it
21)Stuff it and shape it into modak
22)You can shape like rounds too