Tortilla Soup Recipe with Step by Step Pictures. Tortilla soup is a popular mexican recipe. The soup has a light chicken stock flavoured with garlic, cumin and shallots. It has crispy tortilla strips in them.
Tortilla soup (Spanish: sopa de tortilla) is a traditional Mexican soup made of fried corn tortilla pieces, submerged into a broth of tomato, garlic, onion, and chile de árbol and epazote. It is served with pieces of pasilla chiles, chicharrón, avocado, fresh cheese cubes and sour cream. Although this exact origin of tortilla soup is unknown, it is known that it comes from the Mexico City area in Mexico.
This is my version of tortilla soup and it is made quite easy. I made it chicken flavoured and it was very comforting too.
You will love my udon noodles soup too.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Sweet Corn Chowder
Sweet Corn Chicken Soup
Dal Veg Soup
Mushroom Cream Soup
Tortilla Soup Recipe
- Tortilla - 1 cut into strips
- Oil - 1 tblsp
- Chicken Stock - 3 cups
- Cumin Powder- 1 tsp
- Salt to tastee
- Green Chillies - 1 chopped finely
- Onion - ¼ cup chopped finely
- Garlic - 2 chopped finely
- Cooked Chicken - 1 cup shredded
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Take tortillas, cut into strips. Heat oil in a pan, add strips and cook till golden. Drain and set aside.
- Take all the other ingredients except chicken and coriander leaves and mix well.
- Bring it to a boil and simmer for 5 mins.
- Add in tortillas and mix well.
- Take it off the heat and add in chicken and mix well.
- Spoon this into a bowl.
- Top with strips and coriander leaves.
1)Take some whole wheat tortilla
2)Cut it into strips
4)Heat little oil in a pan
5)Add the tortillas
6)Cook till crispy
7)Take chicken stock in a sauce pan
8)Add in some salt
9)add in cumin powder
10)Add in chopped onions and green chillies
11)Add in chopped garlic
12)Cook till it comes to a boil
13)Simmer for 5 mins
14)Add in chopped tortilla strips
16)Add in cooked shredded chicken
19)Top with more tortilla strips
20)Top with coriander leaves
Leave a Reply