Tri Colour Poriyal Recipe - Carrot, Cabbage & Beans Poriyal Recipe with step wise pictures.
This is a tri colour poriyal which is pretty easy to make. It has carrot, beans, cabbage in this and taste so yummy.
This simple varuval taste amazing with plain rice and any kuzhambu. It is super easy to make and fast to cook as well.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Tri Colour Poriyal Recipe
- Cabbage - 1 cup chopped finely
- Carrot - 1 chopped finely
- Beans - 10 chopped finely
- Salt to taste
- Coconut Oil - 3 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - ½ tsp
- Urad dal / Ulundu Paruppu - 1 tsp
- Dry Red Chillies - 2 chopped
- Curry leaves - a sprig
- Rice - 1 tblsp
- Coconut - 1 cup
- Green Chillies -3
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1 tsp
- Garlic - 3
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Grind till coarse.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add seasoning ingredients and let it sizzle.
- Add in veggies and salt. Add little water and cook covered for 10 to 15 mins.
- Add in coconut mix and mix well.
1)Take coconut, garlic, cumin seeds, green chillies and turmeric powder in a blender
2)Grind to a coarse mix
3)Chop up carrots, beans and cabbage into fine pieces
4)Heat coconut oil in a pan. Add in mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves and dry red chillies
5)Add in rice
6)Fry till crispy
7)Now it is well toasted
8)Add in veggies
12)Add some water
13)Cover and cook till veggies are done
15)Add coconut masala